Wednesday 12 April 2017

Saving the Bees

There is a big discussion out there today about the bees and their safety, about the impact a change of bee population may have upon the living life.

How important are the bees to the world?
What could change if their population diminishes?

...or even worse question would be:

What would happen to our lives if they disappear?

I don't know how many of you ask yourselves global questions like these ones and how much that affects your lives, but my mind is always busy calculating consequences. Life is such a wild spinning machine. One simple gesture, one little change could cause erosion to a tiny ring in a big chain of explosive reaction of our life stream. 

Discussing the bees' population is not about whether we will continue eating honey or continue to enjoy their colourful fuzzy buzzy flights around us, while we savour the beauty of outdoors, but is about how they affect life in general, how they maintain flowers existence.

There is a big controversy around the statement that estimates the effect of the bees existence upon prolongevity of human life.

"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man. " Albert Einstein

There is a big article here that I found interesting to read, discussing whether or not these are Einstein's words.

I am not at all concerned if Einstein ever stated that. What is important to me is the acknowledgement and clear realization of what affects life the most. 

I am a silent Green Piece member. I have green piece in my heart. I don't preach, I don't participate in action. I look at myself and try to be a good citizen of our planet. I don't drive a lot - I try to bike distances, when possible. Even when I drive, I use economical car. I don't live in a big house. Even the one I live in, seems big sometimes, but just enough to accommodate my family. I have big yard (relatively big...). I planted thirteen trees so far and many more bushes. I have fruit trees, I have a vegetable garden and lots and lots of flowers and herbs. I never give up on my plants. Even when they are sick, I take a good care of them. I don't grow the trees and all the plants only for my pleasure. The nice outdoor look is a bonus. It makes me happy to know that I am growing plants, along with my children, and it makes me so happy to spend time outside, enjoying the scenery. 

I don't have space for any more trees, but in this year's plan are the wild flowers. 
Planting wild flowers would definitely help the bees and butterflies to be happy. 


Here I am this morning with my cup of tea, my planner and seed packages, trying to designate as bigger space as possible in my garden for these beauties. It is gloomy today, but it will be sunny and smiling tomorrow, when my flowers bloom all at once.


My little pouch is in good use, guarding the small seed packages.  


What is your plan to grow memories together this year? Do you have a garden? Do you love flowers?

Thank you for sharing your precious thoughts with me! Thank you for keeping me company this morning!

♥ Ивелина :) 




1 comment:

  1. I am very conscious of being "green" and doing my part to help our planet. Last year we noticed that there were not too many bees buzzing around our crab apple trees, it was worrisome. Our trees did not produce a quarter of the fruit last year! it made us pause and reflect on how serious this could be globally!! I am determined to plant even more flowers this year! if we all do a little extra, it can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete