Wednesday 1 February 2017

A Gift of Love

... to my sweet, sweet darling Valentine(s) ♥ ♥ 

“She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her...”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


A box, full of fine chocolate is a treasure. Giving it to someone is a strong statement of love. 


This little box is very structured, and at the same time super soft when touched. The colours are so shy - they don't scream for attention, and that is what I like the most about it. I made it spontaneously, without being sure how would it look like when done.


The cross-stitched heart from UB Design and the gently weaved yarn-dyed cotton fabric from Haori work so well together.  I thought the reversed appliqué would look great for this box, and I have to admit, I love how elegantly the linen fits in the heart shaped 'window'.  


The box is completely hand-sewn with the exception of the bottom, which I machine-qilted for more support.


The most delicious part of my job was to fill the box with all those precious, vintage  fine chocolates.  I know this part would be the best accepted from my Valentines, when they receive the box :). My gift of love is sweet and warm.


What are your secret plans for St. Valentine? I hope you get to be uniquely surprised by someone special this year! 

With love,
 Ivelina

No comments:

Post a Comment