Friday 13 February 2015

Tatty Teddy Loves Cookies

My favourite character in the series of cuteness among the cross stitched animals is Tatty Teddy. I have sewn many of them during the years. For St. Valentine, I made small ones for my loved ones.

This shy guy was for my loving husband - my best friend and biggest supporter. After 18 years of being together, there is not much we could say to each other.


For my greatest admirer and young friend, who sometimes makes me see the world again through the eyes of a sixteen year old. She is a passionate and inspirational, wild and angry and calm and quiet at the same time. It amazes me how quickly she changes in a slow day and how gentle she could be in fast and nervous days. She is my rock and water - keeps me grounded and at the same time makes me run as a rapid stream. I love her unconditionally. 





For my greatest helper, I made an apron. She is always around - scaling and stirring, mixing and rolling, cutting and shaping and baking... She is an amazing artist - her ideas are bright and always delicious. 

I cross stitched the pattern and attached it to the upper part of the apron. For the skirt, I calculated the full 'closhe'. She wants to feel like princess in everything she wears. I made the strip and belt out of sheer fabric. This gives the apron a formal look. 





No comments:

Post a Comment